Thursday 23 November 2006

Gender

today i have been researching into the definition of gender and trying to find out the conventions of action adventure film. I managed to find many definitions for gender i started my search on google and found the dictionary definition on www.thedictionary.com I also found a small statement about gender on www.engenderhealth.org/wh/sg/egwhat.html, i printed out both of these things as they will help greatly with starting my research.
I also went to athens and searched for gender, the results weren't as good as those on google, i went to britannica online. When i searched gender on this site it came up with some interesting results, there was a very interesting article on gender identity which i thought might have helped with my research but it didnt define gender it was just about facts of gender. I also found an article on anthropologies view of gender which was talking about the changing conditions for women since the 1970's this will help my research later on so I printed this out to help as well. I am also going to use some of the handouts i was given from last year on gender in sitcom which defined gender.

No comments: